Saturday, December 23, 2006

Run, Tuck and Roll

Last night was the gymnastics Christmas party. I am so glad we decided to stay. Since the gym was open for team members and their family's only we were allowed to do whatever we wanted. That included the parents. So some of us took advantage and tried some gymnastics moves ourselves. I am proud to say that I managed to land a double front into the pit and I was the only parent who managed to climb the rope to the ceiling. I even got enough guts to free fall from the ceiling into the pit. Needless to say, Matt warned me that he was not taking me to the hospital for any broken bones. I didn't want to admit to him this morning that I could barely get out of bed I was so sore.

Emily showing off her Secret Santa present from Rachel.
Emily flipping through the air. (and yes she landed on her feet)
Here I am doing a front tuck into the pit. This may even be my double front.
Emily and her friend Jessica.
Chris climbing to the top of the net to drop into the pit.
Emily showing off her new PJ pants that Lauren's grandma made her.

Showing off my skills some more.
Sam attempting to jump into the pit.
Matt even joined in the fun.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

omg that one of Matt is just cracking me up! look at his face! wow, he's a really strugglin' ;)

Unknown said...

holy cow! You are so brave! I would have broken something I'm sure of it!


Jenn