Sunday, January 21, 2007

Trip Down Memory Lane

Today was the type of day that everyone likes. We never got dressed and watched movies all day. One of the five movies we watched today was With Honors, the 1994 film starring Brenden Fraser, Patrick Dempsey, Joe Pesci and Moira Kelly. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend renting or even buying it. But I don't just like the movie for its plot, good acting or even famous Madonna song. I like it because of the memories this movie holds.

Matt and I started dating in March 1994. During that time we were freshmen at Ohio State, living in the dorm and carless. Our "dates" consisted of him riding his bike over to study and eat dinner in my dorm, walking to English class (we were in class together) and bar hopping. One day on the way home from English class Matt said that he was going to take me on a real date. I remember it was a Friday night and he came to pick me up in his roommate's brown Celebrity, surprised me with a single rose laying on the passenger seat, and took me to see the movie With Honors.

So while some may remember this movie for its Golden Globe and Grammy nominations or its highly talented cast, I will always remember it for the memory of that single rose laying on the seat and the first real date we ever went on.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Awww how sweet. I have to admit, I have never seen that so adding to my queue right now. Although haha this is funny because that reminded me of my first Anv. date with Mark. We went to dinner at Stoney's (had never been before) and afterwards we stopped for gas and he bought me a single rose in the gas station. When I tried to sniff it , I realized it was actually a pair of thong underware rolled up into a rose shape. Needless to say it is still in its little rose shape haha didn't get used to his hope haha.

mama2dibs said...

Go OSU! And how romantic.