Thursday, March 29, 2007

Going to the Caverns

Before we made it to Washington DC for the big trip, we took a detour (a very long 1.5 hour detour) to Luray Caverns. I had never been to caverns before, but I have to say it was very cool. Luray Caverns is the 4th largest in the world and actually getting to see stalactite's and stalagmite's was pretty awesome. I think our tour guide Daniel was about ready to kill Emily and I after all the questions we kept asking him. But hey that is what he gets paid for, right?





3 comments:

Leesha said...

Wow that is a neat place. We took the kids to Ruby Falls in TN and it was a lot like that.

So glad to hear you are having a great time. Can't wait to see more pics.

it's me, Val said...

Caverns are so neat. I've been to some in Missouri, S. Illinois and Tennessee. Amazing what beauty lies underneath, eh? :)

Jamie said...

I love Caverns. We took Ash to the ones in Mo and she loved it.