Wednesday, May 23, 2007

American Idol - Blake versus Jordin

At the beginning of the season I wasn't all that excited about AI. None of the people really did it for me. I think coming off of the season with Chris, Elliot and even Taylor made it less exciting. Now that we are in the last week, I am sad to see it come to end end. I have grown to love many of the people from this season.

Singing alone, Jordin beats Blake. But (yes there is a but in there) I think she beats him in contemporary, ballad type songs. Jordin has a hell of a voice, but her voice isn't super flexible. (At least when comparing to someone like Kelly Clarkson) Singing aside, Blake is one of the best performers ever on AI. He does have a voice, but it depends on the genre of music. Jordin just doesn't appear comfortable working the stage.

Personally I think Jordin will win. I think the judges were setting that up perfectly. But honestly, I don't think it really matters. Blake and Jordin will both do very well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, they'll both do well no matter who wins!

Unknown said...

I hope Jordin will win. I like Blake but Jordin is spectacular in every way. Her voice and amazing personality shines . . . she deserves it. (She made my cry last night! Anyone who makes me cry must win!)