Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Random Thoughts For the Day

  1. Why do I continue to read a book until 2 am, that frankly isn't all that great?
  2. How do I get motivated to battle the long post office lines and mail the stack of packages and cards I have had sitting at my house for months? I loathe the post office, hence why I do everything online.
  3. Why does my 11 year old act more mature than some adults? I swear I sometimes feel like I am back in 5th grade.
  4. Craigslist is addicting. Now if people would only respond back to what you email them...
  5. I love love love (did I say love?) the Yankee Candle scent Vanilla Lime.
  6. I do not have a free weekend between now and August 11th and I will spend 4 weeks not at my own house this summer. (Two weeks at the beach, a week in Illinois and a week in Ohio)
  7. Reese Witherspoon and Jake Gyllenhaal make an adorable couple. Can you see my pom poms cheering this couple on?
  8. The people in the South move... so... slow...
  9. Attempting to plant a garden in clay soil, with grass that seems to be glued down and bugs that are so large they smile at you is no fun.
  10. Cheryl Cookies rock. I forgot how great they are after not living in Ohio for 9 years. Imagine my surprise to find a box of them on our doorstep yesterday.

6 comments:

Cate said...

How do I get motivated to battle the long post office lines and mail the stack of packages and cards I have had sitting at my house for months? I loathe the post office, hence why I do everything online.

You don't! Order your stamps on-line (well worth the mere dollar USPS will charge you to ship them right to your door).

You can also print shipping labels on-line! There is NO NEED to enter a post office ever again-- I haven't in over two years, and I swear it's made me a better person. ;)

Deborah said...

I do not have a free weekend between now and August 11th and I will spend 4 weeks not at my own house this summer. (Two weeks at the beach, a week in Illinois and a week in Ohio)

I love busy weekends! Hopefully, you've got a lot of fun things planned!

Jill said...

I love Cheryl's cookies! I ordered petit fours for our Mother's Day brunch and I ended up eating almost all of them myself!!

Jill said...

Oh... and where in Illinois are you going to be?

Baheya said...

wow. first time i've seen your blog, by random actually. anyway in terms of your long weekends, i am so tired of them. a break seems so refreshing.

Unknown said...

I am at the post office every week and I honestly don't mind it. I like talking to people in line and I've made friends with one of the older post men that wait on me. I started to know him when I was pg with Noah so now when I go in there he is always happy to see my kids.