Monday, September 17, 2007

Getting Back Into the Swing of Things

Now that Sam is gone three mornings a week **sniff sniff** I have decided that it was time to get back into the swing of trying to find some new clients. For those who may be new to my blog, I am a freelance writer/public relations consultant. Basically anything that a company may need written or help promoting I do, from websites to press releases and kits to brochures and other documents. I have one longstanding client but now that I have the extra time it is time to find some more.

So this morning I ordered new business cards. So what, right? Well the ones I have now still have my Illinois information on them so it was time for a change. I am in the process of working on a new logo so I just need something for in the interim. Can I say how much I love looking online at business card designs, letterhead, personalized stationary and even wedding invitations. A company even makes the cutest "family" design note cards that you can represent each person in your family with a different character, even the dog. I may just have to order me some of those as well.

So my business cards should be here in the next 7-14 days. I can't wait. Now if I can just find some additional work... or maybe even start on that book I have been dreaming about. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Hey Alexis,

email me...dcotlerATgnaritasDOTcom...a good friend of mine is need of a bunch of web content promoting/pointing to his resort. He had offered me the work, but I think I'm going to be too busy this semester.

Sonya said...

I've seen the family stick person notecards and I just love them. I've gotta order some of those because they are too cute! Good luck finding work! I hope you find some real soon!