Yeah, we were sad looking.
Some days I look back and it seems like only yesterday. Other days it seems so long ago. (Okay this is sounding like a Beatles song. Maybe I am watching too much American Idol) So much has happened to us, good and bad, over the past 10 years.
Ten years ago, I never thought my life would be what it is today.
- We have gotten married.
- We have three kids. (Who would have thought... Alexis with three kids)
- We have moved three times and lived in three different states.
- We have dealt with kids broken bones, stitches, seizures, sleep apnea, specialists and a seriously ill child.
- We have buried Matt's mom, his grandfather, his aunt, my great aunt and our daughter.
- Matt took a job with Caterpillar and has been promoted four times.
- I decided to become a SAHM and started my own freelancing business.
- Matt has traveled all over the world –– Mexico, Canada, much of Europe, Japan, Thailand, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Australia. Pretty cool for a farm boy from Green, Ohio.
- We have watched friends and siblings and siblings-in-laws get married and have kids of their own.
- We own a minivan, something I swore I would NEVER do. (Guess it goes with the three kids, huh?)
- We have gotten a cell phone and gone high speed. (Just 15 years ago when I started college I learned what email and a CAT5e even was)
- We definitely look much better (see photo above if you think differently)
- And somehow we have managed to stay together, even though the odds were so stacked against us.