Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Peek into Our Living Room

Several people have asked me to post pics of some of the finds I have bought over the past 6 months of living here and of our house. The pictures aren't that great, but here is a start.

Here is a wide shot of our living room. Ignore the sleeping guy on the couch. Behind the sleeping guy is wall to wall windows.

A bit of a better shot of all my "goodies".


The mantle.
Close up of a picture from Thailand. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this. It is a three piece canvas picture.

A close up of one of the shelves. Everything was bought here except the books and the tiny vase on the second shelf.
A sake bottle on one of the shelves that I bought at a temple sale.

A scroll that we hung going up the stairway. Another temple sale find.

A Kanda Gallery woodblock print from an artist from Kyoto.

The start of my kokeshi doll collection. This is one of the things I decided to collect from here. Every one is different and they are all hand painted.

A decorative plate that I bought at a temple sale. This plate is so pretty up close. It looks like it's made from a hundred glass tile. I couldn't understand where in Japan the guy said it was from, but it took me 10 minutes to bargain a price that I was willing to pay.

3 comments:

Carey said...

The dolls are so cute!

Ang said...

OH Alexis all of it is gorgeous and what memories you all will have forever!!

Terri said...

what, exactly, is a temple sale? Is it like a flea market? I love that plate and the dolls. Ihave one similar I got from Kyoto - now called Benihana (Japanese steak house).