Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Fifteen Years Ago...

I became a mom.  On January 12, 1996, during Ohio's Blizzard of 1996, I gave birth to the most perfect, 6 lb 2 oz little girl, who we named Emily Ann. It's hard to believe today she is 15-years-old. What a bittersweet day.


We blinked and she grew up in front of our eyes. We are so proud of the young lady she has become and I know the future has big things in store for her.

(2-years-old)
(5-years-old) At Val's house
(8-years-old) First day of 3rd grade
(12-years-old) End of 6th grade field trip
(13-years-old) 5 days after her birthday -- Last meet in the United States
(14-years-old) Last month trying on clothes with a friend
Happy birthday Emily!  We love you!

4 comments:

Carey said...

Happy Birthday Emily! I hope you have a great day!

D Laraswati H (Indonesia) said...

Happy Birthday Emily....GOD bless you...

Lynda Meyers said...

How've you been? Hope all is well...

Your kids are getting huge... and so are mine... :) Must be time goes by whether we like it or not. I remember the day they were each born like it just happened, and now my YOUNGEST is 13... geez Louise!

Well, happy new year! Just thought I'd stop by and check in!

Grace,
Madison

Heather said...

Happy 15 year anniversary of becoming a mom! This post caught my attention since you mention your daughter was born in a blizzard. We're currently awaiting the birth of our first (due date is Jan 29th, so any day now!) and he's waited out three blizzards so far with another one on the way tonight!