Thursday, August 29, 2013

Deep in the Heart of Texas

Okay so Dallas isn't so much deep into Texas, but it is the only song I could think of at 6 am with Texas in the lyrics without straining my brain. The last time I posted on this blog, it was my last night in Japan. Since then Emily has arrived in the states, we have gone on our yearly vacation to North Carolina, spent two weeks in Ohio, made three college visits, put over 6,000 miles on my new car and the kids have started school. 

Sami (5th), Emily (12th), and Chris (9th) on the first day of school in Prosper, Texas

I am hoping the start of school will also be the stepping stone to the beginning of turning Texas into our home. I think we are going to really enjoy living here. The people are friendly, the weather is right up my alley, overall Texas is pretty conservative and there is so much to see and do here. It is very different than any place we have lived in the United States and very, very different than Japan. 

I know I have said this many times before, but I will be back to blogging on a regular basis. Our life is hopefully settling into a normal routine of chaos rather than the abnormal chaotic roller coaster that we have been on the past year. Some days I will have much to say on this process of repatriation that we are going through. Hopefully my words will help others who are about to embark on a similar process. Other days I may be bragging writing about my kids because 1) they are AWESOME and 2) family reads my blog and 3) Emily leaves for college in a year and since this is our last year together, I want to remember every moment. Our plan is to continue to travel, both in the United States and outside. I am excited to be able to explore new places that we have yet to experience. I hope to write about the fun (and not so fun) places we visit. And of course I will be posting LOTS about this great state of Texas. 

So stay tuned... there is much more to come!



 

No comments: