Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Ever After

Karen Kingsbury is one of my favorite authors. No matter which book of hers I read, I always feel it speak to me. Last night I went to start Ever After, the sequel to Even Now, with plans to read a bit and then goto bed. At 3 am, with tears in my eyes and a heavy heart, I read the last page in the book.

This two book series was about finding answers, finding lost love and forgiveness, and finding God's peace amongst the war in Iraq. War is neither black nor white. It comes in many shades of gray. War can cause a struggle within. War can rip lives apart. War can kill. War can bring peace.

Now those who may know me may ask how can you relate to this book. While I have a few active military friends, I am not personally touched by people involved in the war. But many of the struggles the characters have within this book, I too struggle. As I am sure many of us do. And while we may not each have loved ones fighting in Iraq or other places, the thought that people we have never met are over there fighting risking their lives for our lives should bring us to our knees. Kingsbury's book doesn't give us all the answers, but it does provide some. It does give us the bright light at the end of a very long, dark tunnel.

Whether you support the efforts in Iraq or elsewhere, we all can come together on a common ground. Support the men and women risking their lives for us.

I encourage you to take a look at Kingsbury's website. She is an amazing writer. On her site she has two links to learn more about readers who have sent information in on loved ones who are currently serving or have lost their lives serving. Read them –– Your life will be touched by doing so.

1 comment:

Leesha said...

This sounds like a good one! Been wanting to start a book again. It's just my librarian move to NC. LOL