Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Making a Donation

I have this little problem with being terrified of needles. I donated blood once in high school in memory of a classmate who died in an car accident and passed out. I donated once in college and again, passed out. I freaked out when they took blood all the times I was pregnant. I just hate needles.

I was reading the online local newspaper today and came across an article about bone marrow donation. I have heard about it many times and have thought of registering but never have. Again, there is a wee issue with the needles involved. But the article brought me to tears and I have decided to go to the drive on Saturday and get registered with the National Bone Marrow Registry. After all, what is a little pain if my donation could save someones life?

I encourage you to check into drives in your area and get informed to make a decision to become a donor. For my friends here in the Raleigh area, the drive is 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at Millbrook High School, 2201 Spring Forest Road in Raleigh.

No comments: