Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Perspective and Strength

Blogs can be a very powerful thing. It is amazing how words on a page can impact a person. Yesterday, posted on several blogs that I often read was an entry asking to pray for a woman named Heather. I have never met 95 percent of the people's blog that I read. But I can say that I think this one blog has impacted me more than any other I have read.

Heather and her family have been through hell and back. She and her husband have three children, almost the exact same ages of mine. Their last daughter, Emma Grace, is a miracle. At 5 months old she received a heart transplant and due to some complications she is on the list for another one. Heather's strength and faith in God alone when she writes about Emma Grace is amazing.

Yesterday Heather was diagnosed with a brain tumor. She is 32, the exact same age as me. She has three children and a husband who love her dearly. She has been through so much already that I can't even begin to question where God is in all this. But when you read her words, she knows that no matter how she doesn't understand it, she knows God is there.

This woman amazes me. Visit Heather's website, read her story and lend her your thoughts and prayers. Then sit back and thank God for today because you never know what tomorrow will bring. I pray that Heather's words will help bring perspective into your life. I know it did mine.

6 comments:

Monkey Giggles said...

beautifully said.

Delete said...

Thank you for using your blog for God's glory by inviting people to hear Heather story and to pray for her.

Blessings-Jenny

Tracey said...

Thanks for sharing her blog. What a powerful story and certainly puts things into perspective.

Deborah said...

wow. I am so inspired by her strength and attitude. I will be thinking only the best possible thoughts for her. Thanks for sharing this, and especially, thanks for reminding me to cherish all that I have.

Unknown said...

God bless you, Heather. Praying and thinking of you . . .

Unknown said...

I added her to my prayer list. Thanks.