- Tomorrow is the last day of school. In some ways I am ready for school to be done. I am sick of packing lunches, carpool, homework and the rush to get ready. I am also not looking forward to a whole summer of fighting amongst my 3 children. Summer vacation is very long.
- Emily has 5th grade graduation tomorrow. She will be going to the middle school next year. ((sigh)) And to add to it, I think she has her first official crush. **gulp**
- Chris is going to day camp next week –– horse camp. It should be interesting to see how that goes.
- Matt is working to expand our deck and build on a screened-in-porch. Watch for progress pictures. We are hoping that it will be done by fall. I have some great visions of sitting on the porch reading as the sun goes down (or comes up). I can't wait.
- I have been given two large assignments from Caterpillar. One being the biggest I have ever done. It is a pretty important project and I am incredibly nervous about it. I also met with an organization today that offered me a part-time project working from home. This would be a great network opportunity and help me break into another market, other than heavy machinery and agriculture. I am not sure what I think about all this yet. I am excited, yet nervous.
- We leave for two weeks at the beach in 17 days.
- Matt will be gone for three weeks traveling for work this summer. One trip we are all going with him, but the rest I will be on my own. Anyone feel like visiting NC in the summer?
- Samantha has been asked to be a model for a local hair bow and flip flop company. They will be using the pictures for a new website they are creating. Tomorrow is the photo shoot. I can't wait to see how everything turns out.
- Emily's softball team is tied for first place right now. We just found out Emily will be pitching in the tournament next weekend. Yikes!
Thursday, June 07, 2007
Random Updates From Jacobs-Land
I just thought it would be good to give some updates on some things that are going on involving the Jacobs Household. It seems like it has been a while since I have done this.