Thursday, July 19, 2007

A Storkie Meeting




When Matt and I decided to try for our 3rd child I found a parenting message board called Storknet (SN for short). Now over 6 years later I am still a part of this online community.

It sounds crazy but we are like one huge family. We have laughed together, we have cried together, we have been through births, deaths, divorces, illness and have watched our children grow up.

During my pregnancy, Allison's illness, then ultimately her death the people at SN were amazing. They started a memorial fund for her, made donations towards CHD research, cried with me, made the most amazing scrapbook of cards and letters from hundreds of people. I can't even begin to say how wonderful the people there were and are today.

So I am excited to say that today I got to meet someone in person who I have known via cyberland for over 5 years –– Missmeg! Meg is such a super nice person and her kids Mairi and Christian are adorable. We met at a park for the kids to play and feed the ducks. (Sadly Sami decided to choose today to be a complete pill) Her daughter was born the day after Allison died. It was a bittersweet moment looking at her today. It was so nice to meet Meg and finally give her a great big hug.

So of course I brought my camera. Hopefully Meg and I will get to meet up again... maybe in her neck of the woods. I hear it is nice there in the summer.

3 comments:

Cate said...

That is so neat that you two got to meet! Looks like a fun time and I loved seeing the pictures of you both and your kids together after getting to "know" you both on-line over the past few years. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

This video sums up my response quite nicely ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo5CZvD3-QM

Thanks!

Michelle

Erin said...

What a neat experience to meet someone who impacts your life from a distance. I would love to meet some of my new blog friends : ) Very nice picture.