Monday, November 05, 2007

R-E-L-I-E-F

I cannot even begin to tell you how much lighter I feel right now. And no, I am not talking poundage. I am talking about the huge weight that has been lifted off my shoulders. Our last home gymnastics meet is over. Can you breathe a sigh of relief with me?

Our gym hosts two "home" meets. One in September and one in November. The Booster Club is in charge of concessions, programs, a special sales table, hospitality rooms for coaches and judges and then staffing and setting up the whole meet. And as you can guess, who does most of the work fall on? Yep you guessed it –– me. Sadly the booster club president has to pick up what no one else does, along with their already assigned tasks. So I spent the past week scheduling works and securing donations for the concession stand, then all day Friday shopping for all the rest of the food and setting up. Yesterday I cooked 22 (yes TWENTY TWO) pounds of taco meat for walking tacos. Then today I was at the gym by 6:30 am and just got home at almost 11 pm.

But the meet was a huge success. We really do have some awesome booster club members who jump in and help out wherever needed. Thank goodness or things like this would be even harder. But we made some great money and had tons of compliments so in the end it was all good.

Emily competed well. She got 5th place all around (after a mess up on bars) and had her best all around score so far this season. One more meet until the state competition. Then it is off to Las Vegas baby for her competition and the beginning of her optional gymnastics season. And ya know, there are still some some Vegas hotels available when we are going for anyone who is looking for a mini vacation. **wink wink**

In the midst of all this, Matt flew out this afternoon for a two week business trip to France. (Yeah poor baby. French wine, bread and cheese. I don't feel too sorry for him) I told him it was pretty bad timing. I could really use a good foot rub right about now.

Nighty night!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Does Matt do feet?!? lmbo :)

When are you going to LV?????

Yay for the poundage negative :) I'm happy for you!

Alexis Jacobs said...

Yes Matt does feet. I have to keep him around for something.

And Emily and I are going Jan. 3 - Jan. 7. Talk about a huge mother/daughter experience.