Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Regrets

Regrets –– Everyone has them. Frank Sinatra sang a whole song about them. But what kind of regrets do you have? Are they ones that you learn from or will you look back at a decision you made and be forever haunted by it?

So to all of my blog readers and
bloiterers (those who read but never post): Life is what you make it. Make choices and decisions that you want. Live life for yourself. Don't ever wake up to regret where life has taken you. As the lyrics from Rent say ""Forget regret, or life is yours to miss. No day but today." And if you do have those haunting regrets, I hope you can find peace.

6 comments:

ErinFiat said...

:hug: I hope everything's ok. (It's entirely possible that my mood is projecting things.)

Deborah said...

good food for thought.

I hope everything is ok!

dc

Anonymous said...

I heard recently that the things we most often regret at the end of our lives are the things we DIDN'T do, not the things we did. Good or bad, life is all about the experience. We just have to make the best of them. The hard part, is remembering that. ;)

Unknown said...

Unfortunately, too, some people never regret, or at least would never admit to regretting when you KNOW they do.

I think what we are meant to walk away knowing from regret is that there is something to learn by it. To make different and wise choices based on what was or wasn't done.

In some situations regret is actually more guilt. And in some situations a person may not feel regretful or guilty because they just don't see what they're missing.

And very well said, Jo. You are the one of the wisest women :)

Alexis Jacobs said...

Yes I am fine. Thanks for asking. I just felt the need to discuss regrets, as a few people in my life are in pain because of them.

ZAM said...

Hi Alexis. I so like what you said here. Amen to that Rent line.