Tuesday, March 04, 2008

I Will Survive!

Okay I did survive. The shots that is. Yippie!!

I wound up getting three shots. One more in 4 weeks and one more in 6 months. They also were able to prescribe one shot orally so for every other day over the next 8 days I get to take a live vaccine for Typhoid Fever that is located in my butter compartment of the fridge (anyone want some toast?). I also have to take another pill for 36 days starting the day before I leave. They highly recommend a flu shot but they were unable to do those on Friday (boy am I sad about that).

I don't remember much of what the nurse said (luckily I had someone come with me) but I do remember being very adamant telling her that I am not a swinger.

So when it was time for the shots she cleared off the bed, made me lay down, I put on my Bose headphones and turned my ipod on full blast and closed my eyes. Shannon said my legs were shaking so hard she thought I was jiggling them. The nurse then made me stay laying down for about 5 minutes afterwards so I didn't pass out.

I do have to say that my arms hurt for a few days afterwards, but hey only two more shots, the pills and I am done. So now I can concentrate on the big prize and start planning our trip. After all, we leave in 30 days!!!

3 comments:

~michelle pendergrass said...

I hope you bought yourself a Starbucks!

Corie said...

Congrats on your bravery!!! :)

Unknown said...

My arm killed for days, too, after those shots. Neil just took that pill one when he went to China. I'm so proud of you, AJ!!! WTG!!!!! xo