Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Photoshop Help

I have been using (okay more like playing with) Photoshop C2. However for some reason my program keeps crashing out every time I use it. I have even tried reinstalling, but it still crashes.

In April, Photoshop Elements 6.0 is being released for the mac (it is already out for the PC). Several people have given me great reviews with Photoshop Elements and cost wise it is pretty good. I am thinking of switching over instead of buying a whole new Photoshop program. I am not a professional photographer and I think it will do what I want, plus some.

Anyone use Photoshop Elements? If so, I would love some feedback.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Have never even tried elements even though I have it. I think it's on it's own CD even. I will send it to you if you want it? I have no idea why CS2 would crash. You purchased it??? If you did, you should call Adobe. It should not keep crashing. Is your hard drive too full? It takes tons and tons of memory to run it, but I can't imagine your HD would be too full. Like I said, I know nothing about elements. I do know lots of people use it. I couldn't even tell you the difference between elements and CS2 but it must be some major differences because the price difference is sooooo different. I'm anxious to see what others say.

Tracey said...

I agree with the memory suggestion. I had a really old version of Photoshop and it was constantly crashing my computer till dh threw some more memory in there. However, I now have Elements 5.0 and love it! Photoshop was totally over my head, and Elements is much easier to use. I've gotten some actions (basically run the same things on photos to create certain effects) and it is so easy to process my pics now! I have no desire to upgrade to Photoshop, only because I'm not a professional and don't think I need all those bells and whistles. I've yet to come across something I can't do on Elements.

Jennifer said...

I too bought that same program and mine crashed all the time..so much I ditched it!!!! Call Adobe? don't waste you time, I did and GOT NO WHERE!!

I finally went to Wal-mart and got me a 29.99 program and I love it. Print Workshop PRO 2008. I works for me but then I'm no pro either.

love the WW girly!

Jennifer said...

well mine was photoshop 5.0, not c2..my bad

ErinFiat said...

I have Elements and find it pretty functional. I like it (and have in the past used the full Photoshop).

Chanin said...

I went on Adobe's website and downloaded the Photoshop Elements 6 trial for free. I really like it and plan on buying it next week!