Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Happy or Sad?

No more homework, no more books, no more teachers dirty looks. Today is the last day of school. I am not sure if I should be happy or not. On one hand, no more waiting for the bus at 6:30 am, no more homework, carpool lane, packing lunches, extra laundry. But then on the other hand, I will have all three kids, all day, every day.

Our summer will still be filled with running around between gymnastics, the end of ball season, pool time and meeting up with friends. But I will cherish these few summer days because in just 2.5 months I will have a 7th grader, a 4th grader and a kindergartner. Yikes. Before I know it my days will not only be filled with homework and carpool, but with acne treatment, fending off the boys (girls in Chris' case), arguing about makeup, smelly sweat socks (hopefully just with Chris), tears over friends and in just a short 2.5 years driving (you drive at 15 in North Carolina. What are these people thinking?!)

Where does time go?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Whew! It seems like we have had summer break (without the summer part) for weeks already. Hope your weather is better than ours...

Unknown said...

All I can say is "wow"! But enjoy it. And I know you are (and will).