Sunday, July 27, 2008

A Friend's A Friend Forever

"There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound." ~Diana Cortes

After 20 hours in the car on Monday, Jamie and the rest of the family finally made it to our house. It should have only taken about 14 hours, but when you blow a tire in Kentucky apparently you need to back track several towns and wait hours for your tire to be fixed.

We had an awesome week. For the first time, Mark came with Jamie and the kids to experience NC living. I think he actually enjoyed himself. Our week was jammed packed full of a trip to the beach, golfing, visiting the Farmers Market, shopping, lunches, working out (yes we even fit exercise into our visit!), a night out on the boat, and even getting Jamie's hair cut.

Sami and Hannah at the beach. I think they are well on their way to being best friends forever, wouldn't you agree?
Jamie and I on the golf course, with our pretty pink golf bags. Mark and Matt of course creamed us on the course, but hey at least we looked good doing it.

Jamie and her new haircut. I LOVE it!
The girls all decided to put on layers and slide down the steps over and over. What goobers.
Mark enjoying the waves.
Emily and Ashley tubing.
Mark tubing with his girls. Make sure you document this photo. It may never happen again.
Aren't they a cute couple? Jamie and I are trying hard to make sure we are related someday.
Jamie and I braved Matt's driving and decided to go for a spin too.
Even Matt joined in the festivities. Apparently I wasn't driving fast enough for Hannah.

It was a wonderful week and a few tears were shed as they pulled away late last night for their long drive home. I have been very blessed to have such a wonderful friend in my life. And I know no matter where we are, or which moving services either of us may be using, every time we get together, it is like we were never apart.

Thanks for an awesome week you guys. We already miss you.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Looks like you all had a great time! How fun that they all got to come out and visit! :)

mama2dibs said...

I love visiting with friends. They are truly what makes the world go 'round. :)

And I DO like Jamie's haircut.

Kimmber said...

Sounds like the perfect week. It's always great to reconnect with the people that know us best.

I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to steal your quote above. It fits me and my 'bff' as well.