There is so much I still need to do here, not just before we move next month, but before they pack our stuff for the sea shipment on December 18. I have been busy stocking up on medicines (you can't find simple items like Tylenol very easily and medicines are 1/2 the strength in Japan. And speciality items such as Leptovox) or Viagra, you might as well forget it), food (cereal, granola bars, canned goods, dressings, peanut butter, mac & cheese, oatmeal, pancake mix, etc) and household goods (laundry soap, shampoos & conditioners, soaps, dishwasher liquid, Kleenex, paper towels, etc) I have picked out new master bedding, kitchen rugs and towels, bath towels and area rugs for the kids bedrooms. Even though our dining room is already full of stuff, I still have a long list of things I need to buy this week.
- Shelves for linens to put in the storage room
- Shelves for toys to put in the storage room
- Baskets and bins for the kids closests and the bathroom cabinets
- Some type of storage/drawer unit for Chris's closet (We are not taking his dresser)
- Spare sheets for Chris's & Emily's beds
- Extra razor blades & Emily's face wash
- Picture frames
- New kitchen dishes (We are keeping ours here to use and then put into storage)
- Blank DVD Disks
- Extra boxes of contacts
- Artificial Christmas tree
- Some last food items
Besides shopping for the above items, I have a whole list of things that needs to be done before next week. Just a few of the most important things include:
- Mail Visa paperwork **MUST DO BY TUESDAY**
- Starting to pull out clothes and items that we will be taking with us on the plane and put into suitcases.
- Finish Christmas shopping & wrap gifts.
- Sort through toy closet, dress up clothes and doll basket to take stuff that kids no longer play with or have outgrown to Guardian Angel store.
- Organize office, purge magazines, file paperwork, sort through supplies.
- Backup laptop and burn photo CDs.
- Pick pictures to print and place in frames.
- Clean junk drawer in kitchen.
- Clean out dining room hutch and sort recipe books.
- Call boat storage place and find a storage place for van.
- Call painters for quotes to get bonus room and master bedroom painted.
- Call rental agent regarding paperwork for January to get our house rented out.
- Sort through game closet to decide what goes and what will be stored.
- Organize coat closet.
- Make hotel reservations for Dec. 19 - Dec. 22 and then Jan. 16 - Jan. 19.
Things are crazy around here right now trying to get things done, but it is probably a good thing. It keeps me from worrying about moving 7,200 miles away, the transition, the kids, missing our friends and family, and just being scared/nervous about this whole adventure we are about to embark upon.
Oyasuminasi! (Means goodnight in Japanese)