Monday, January 12, 2009

I'm a mom of a teenager


My oldest daughter is turning 13 today. Thirteen –– Yikes! It seems like it was only yesterday that my life changed forever. Life was no longer about me, but about this tiny 6 lb 2 oz baby girl.

Emily is a pretty special girl. She is caring, sensitive, smart, athletic, friendly, always thinking of others rather than herself, and honestly a good kid. (Don't worry, Sam makes up for it and keeps us on our toes)

The past 13 years have been amazing and I cannot wait to see what lies ahead. As a mom of a teenager, anything is possible, right?

Happy 13th birthday Emily. We love you!

12 comments:

Runner Girl said...

Happy Birthday, Emily! I don't think there are any sweeter days, as a mother, than celebrating our children's birthdays and reminiscing. Thirteen certainly is scary...but better than 16! :)

Hope you have a happy and memorable day!

Ang said...

Happy Birthday Emily!! I feel for you Alexis!! :) My oldest is turning 18 in 3 weeks..What I would give to turn back the clock..ha Time marches on way too fast. I hope she has a great day!

Terri said...

wishing Emily a very happy birthday!

Deborah said...

Happy Birthday, Emily!

mama2dibs said...

Happy Birthday Emily! And she looks 17 in that picture. :)

Michelle said...

A teenager-wow! Hope she had a great day! Happy Birthday!

Tracey said...

Happy birthday Emily! You've got a beautiful girl there. Are you beating the boys off with a stick yet? ;c)

Jennifer said...

oh wow, I don't even like to think about this part of my life approaching:0

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Time really does fly! She looks lovely and she sounds even lovelier.
Happy Birthday Emily!

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday to Emily. Man, January is a busy month for bloggers' kids' birthdays! I have posted happy birthday to about 4 kiddos today and mine have kids tomorrow and Friday.

Corie said...

Happy Birthday Emily.

A teenager.. wow! I still feel like a teenager sometimes. Does that ever go away?

Ang said...

I am so happy you guys made it safe and sound!! What a wonderful journey you all are getting ready to embark on!!! Please keep me posted! love ya