Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Merry Belated Christmas

So I am two weeks late, but better late than never, right? Here is a little peek into Christmas 2008 –– our Christmas spent in Ohio.

Every year my mom buys Emily a porcelain doll for her collection. This year she found an American and a Japanese doll. Too perfect, right?

The kids sat at the top of the steps on Christmas morning waiting to see if Santa had come. These are the exact same steps my brother and I waited on every Christmas day.

Sami showing off her High School Musical Dolls. (Yes she is still HSM obsessed)

My parents had asked what they could get the kids that would be hard to find in Japan. Of course I said cereal. The kids cracked up as they opened a box full of Frosted Flakes. My kids don't get excited about fine things like Audemars Piguet(not that they would ever get them) but they get excited over cereal.

My dad is always the honorary trash man on Christmas morning. Somehow I think most dads/grandpa's get this job.

Sami loved this book that her Aunt Becky found her with a character named Samantha Jacobs.

My nephew opening is John Deere wagon. Don't worry we also got him a Caterpillar dozer.

My niece Allysa.



Us and Matt's grandma... AKA Gram.

Sami giving her cousin Allysa kisses.

You can see some more pictures from our Christmas adventure here.

7 comments:

Corie said...

Love the fact that you have a picture of your kids waiting on the same stairs you used to wait on.

Ang said...

Oh it looks like you all had such a good time...I loved the 'Gram' shot...That older generation you just can't beat!! I hope your packing is coming along :)

Kimmber said...

Okay, the picture on the steps got me all teary!! I love those moments that can relived through our children.

Looks like a wonderful Christmas visit.

Terri said...

great family pics; I'm sure it's a little bittersweet to think you'll be leaving this for a while but I don't think you'll regret this move. What a great experience for all of you guys. Glad the holidays were good.

Louise said...

Great pics, looks like a fabulous Christmas!!
We should get Sami and Kezy together they would have fun with all their HSM obsession!! :)

Ang said...

Hey forgot to write you back...She lives in..Okinawa, Japan city: Chatan Cho, Minato
Where is it you are going again?

her said...

Alexis, the Christmas pics were great! Wonderful memories of past and present....maybe one day there will be pics of your grands on the same steps.

I think I will try the 365 pic concept....thanks for the offer.

Joy, DeeDee