Thursday, May 21, 2009

Cookie

For those who are long time readers of my blog you know my love for David Cook. I blogged all through last season and Chris and I camped out for almost 10 hours to meet him in person. But after watching him perform last night on the American Idol finale I fell in love with him all over again.

I have been lucky enough to find a place online to watch American Idol live each week. Don't worry my Japan friends. I won't ruin who won it last night just in case you want to be surprised in another few weeks. But I will take this time to blog about David Cook singing in the finale.

As all American Idol fans know, David Cook's brother has brain cancer. David has an AC on every guitar he plays in honor of his brother. He wears a bracelet given from a special little girl in honor of his brother. Many watched Adam be able to see David perform live last year on American Idol. But what many of you may not know is that on May 2 Adam Cook lost his battle to brain cancer.

David Cook has a song on his CD called Permanent that was written in honor of his brother. Since the first time I heard this song, it has become a favorite of mine. Last night he performed that song on the American Idol finale. I am sure there wasn't a dry eye in the place. He also announced that for a month the live version was going to be available on itunes and all proceeds will go to Accelerate Brain Cancer Cure (ABC2), a Washington, D.C.-based organization dedicated to finding a cure for brain cancer. As soon as it goes on itunes I will be clicking away.

For those who may have missed his performance last night, here you go. Grab your Kleenex.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I cry every time I hear the song, and even more so when I see him tear up at the end of this performance.

I am in not-so-secret love with this man!!! I get to see him in concert in October and simply cannot wait!

Terri said...

it was an excellent performance. I hadn't heard the song until then and didn't realize his brother had died. what an emotional ride this past year +/- has been for him.