Thursday, August 20, 2009

First Day of School

The kids started back to school today... Thank God. Yes I am a bad mom and was actually looking forward to them starting back to school, but after the hectic and busy summer we had I am more than ready to have a few hours a day to myself.

Hard to believe that I have a 1st grader, a 5th grader and an 8th grader. But I do.

Sami posing for Emily. Sadly I was rushing around getting lunch packed and trying to get everyone out the door (and stop fighting!) and this is the only "stand alone" picture that was taken. Once we got to the school they all ran off. I guess I am not cool enough to hang with on the first day.

The three kids before we left for school.

Emily and her good friend Maggie. Emily is so excited to have a neighbor in her grade!

2 comments:

Carey said...

Hope you got to enjoy a few hours to yourself.

Ang said...

Hey Alexis. You may have read on my facebook about this sweet family. If you get a minute will you please lift them up in prayer. I know that YOU KNOW how this family is feeling. It's my last entry on my blog. http://buckinghamsblog.blogspot.com/ Thanks so much!!!!
Your kids looked adorable for their first back to school photos:) thanks Ang