Thursday, October 07, 2010

I really need to revise my bucket list

 I have never been whitewater rafting, and frankly I am not sure I ever really want to!  But as history has shown, I seem to get suckered into doing things that I am not exactly excited about while living over here (hiking 56k, running a 5 mile race, hiking Mt. Fuji).

Tomorrow there are 15 people, including Emily, Matt and myself, going whitewater rafting on the Yoshino River -- Japan's No. 1 whitewater rafting destination. It is about a 3 hour drive from Kobe, and since there is no school tomorrow due to teacher training, we are spending it wearing wet suits and funny looking helmets instead of lounging on the couch reading.

I am not a super strong swimmer, especially when I cannot see the bottom of the water, so this should be interesting. The company we are going with is called Happy Raft. I sure hope their company name is foreshadowing as to how I will be feeling after rafting 7 hours down class 4 rapids.

I really need to start figuring out a way to get the pair of Jimmy Choo shoes off my bucket list. This adventure stuff is for the birds.

No comments: