So how do you go and just watch?
- Get up at 4 am, pack, and load car.
- Depart at 4:45 am.
- Drive 2 hours without any issues.
- Hit toll booth where the ETC lane needs shoveled clear so it takes 15 minutes to pay ¥300 in the one lane open.
- Drive 1/2 way up a snowy mountain while it snows the biggest flakes Alexis has ever seen.
- Stop and put on tire chains.
- Drive 1/4 way up mountain until you reach a car that is stopped in the middle of the one lane mountain road.
- Spin around and slide back down 1/4 way of mountain.
- Try again to make it up the mountain.
- Finally reach the top where there are several huts with ski rentals. NO lodge in sight.
- Everyone puts on their ski gear, except for Alexis who has none as she was NOT skiing due to her knee injury.
- Load Alexis, in jeans, crappy gloves, Uggs and no hat, onto a ski lift along with a 10 pound backpack and camera case.
- Son calms Alexis down, who is deathly afraid of heights, on the 20 minute ski lift ride.
- Ski lift drops everyone off in the middle of a mountain, with no lodge in sight.
- Alexis walks through 8 foot snow to a series of buildings carrying 10 pound backpack and camera bag, while wearing jeans, crappy gloves, Uggs and no hat.
- Said buildings contain tables, approximately 500 Japanese children and someone’s kitchen.
- While sitting in building Alexis cannot see nor have any idea where her husband, 11 year old and 7 year old are. Camera will remain in bag.
- Alexis may return home after the spring thaw, as she is not going back down that ski lift.
Moral of the story: Be a crappy mom and wife and JUST STAY HOME.