Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Trick or Treat Countdown

I am proud to say that we have our Halloween costumes picked out. And for the first time in 5 years I am not scrambling the night prior or a few days before trying to figure out what the kids are going to wear.

For the first time since we have been out of college we will not be passing out candy. We are out in the boonies so we will not get only a handful of trick-or-treaters, so no need to pass out candy. Frankly that is fine with me. Matt always makes me be the one to stay home and pass out candy, faking the "Oooos" and "Ahhhhhs" as the 18th Darth Vadar or 10th "baby" comes to the door while he gets first dibs of what is put in our kids bags. And since the likelyhood of it snowing or icing here on trick-or-treat night is slim to none, I will be perfectly content going out with the kids.

Sam has chosen to be the beautiful Belle from "Beauty and the Beast". I practically begged her to be Snow White, but since that costume didn't come with a flashing wand, there was never a chance of me winning that arguement. Chris has decided to be an Ohio State Football player. Since we have all the parts to that costume on hand, that is fine by me. There was a minor battle as he wanted to be a dirt bike rider, but after we told him he couldn't actually ride a dirt bike from house to house that idea quickly lost its appeal. And Emily has chosen to be, for the third year in a row, a gymnast. We have had to buy three different competitive leotards and warm ups each year at about $150 a pop so I will not encourage anything different. I am sure they will look cute. And I may even manage an "Ooooo" or an "Ahhhhhhh" and mean it.


No comments: