The beginning of every year I make a list of reading goals.
My 2006 Goals:
1. Read 65 books - As of 12/20 I have read 76 books. I anticipate several more with our impending drive to Ohio.
2. Read a min. of 10 "classics" - Ummm yeah. Not a single classic made my reading list.
3. Balance out my reading selections more- I actually think I did a good job at this. I have a good mix of suspense, Chick Lit, "drama", biography and Christian Fiction.
So what are my goals for 2007?
1. Read 75 books - I have been adding 10 books to my goal list each year.
2. Read 5 "classics" - Maybe if I start conservative I will actually accomplish it this year.
3. Read at least 25 books already on my shelf - Sounds like a silly goal, but with over 500 books on my shelf I really need to start reading some of the items on it instead of continuing to add to it.
4. Re-read certain childhood books, such as Jacob Have I Loved, Bridge to Terabithia and others - I want to be able to remember these books so I can discuss and share them with EMily and Chris, since they are older now and starting to be able to read such childhood "must-reads"
So for you other avid readers, do you make goals? If so, share them!! Here is to happy reading in 2007!!