Tuesday, February 06, 2007

B-I-N-G-O

There was a farmer who had a dog and Bingo was his name-o! B-I-N-G-O!

Well I can honestly say I have now experienced real bingo. Not the type that you play during indoor recess or at company holiday parties. But real bingo.

Last night Jamie and I went to the fairgrounds for Monday bingo night. I and still laughing about it. Being the bingo virgins that we are, we got quite the few looks as we sat there organizing our different cards, trying to figure out the games and color coding different things. My head was spinning with "super cross", "speed ball", "Goldstar", "pulltabs", "hot shots".

If you have never been to a bingo night I highly suggest you go. Just for the pure entertainment value. There were people with good luck items, with special dauber carrying cases. People buying pulltabs and other cards by the stackfulls. Money was flying left and right. Being the good girls Jamie and I were we only bought 1 of the extra pull game cards.

There were quite a few highlights of the evening. First, no one informed me that sweatpants with elastic legholes are back in style. We were only a few of the handful not wearing them. There was a pull tab called "redneck" that when people wanted the "redneck" pull tab games or won off of them they would scream "redneck" and Jamie and I would burst into a fit of giggles like school girls. Then the lady sitting next to me kept pointing out just how "not" close I was to winning every time I would mention just how close I was. Finally her friend told her to mind her own card and leave me alone.

And the highlight of the evening... the last game we weren't paying attention and they were playing some weird pulltab game in with it and I managed to get Jamie to yell that she had Bingo when she really didn't. Well actually I yelled bingo and threw Jamie's arms into the air. Needless to say we got made fun of.

It was such a fun evening. And really I would do it again. Of course I probably should just flush $12.50 down the toilet first and then just sit and people watch. That is basically what I did last night anyways.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like so much fun! Glad you guys got to go :)

Leesha said...

Sounds like you had fun!

My neighbor goes to Bingo 2 or 3 times a week. She has won $1,500 before. She is only 30.

I thought Bingo was for old people.

Jennifer said...

you are toooo funny girl! I used to go with a friends mom when I was younger...and it brough back allot of memories....the good luck toys they all had lined up. I remember seeing allot of trolls!!!! Thanks for the good laugh...hehe

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamie said...

I must add the hightlights that you missed.

The old man infront of us that keept winning money left and right with his pull tabs.

The pull tab game we actually bought, we never heard them call and almost threw it away thinking damn but alas,,,,, they never called it till the end.

Every time they called the number O -69 we giggled like 12 year olds.

And last and most importantly she didn't mention that when she made me yell bingo..... we had in fact just started an BRAND NEW GAME and they only called ONE NUMBER but since I had that number you were sure we won and best of all....... about 6 of my fellow employee's were there to witness our dorkiness and make fun of me all day today.

But I still had a good time. :P

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you two had fun see what you have to look forward to when you get old. I would go more often but I can't stand the smoke.I hope you enjoyed your trip Jamie was sure excited about it.