Sunday, March 25, 2007

Gift From Japan

The benefit of Matt traveling to the places he does are the gifts he brings back. We have things in our house from all over the world. After a three hour delay, Matt finally made it home a little bit after 1 am last night and of course he came bearing gifts. It is always a little bit of Christmas when he comes from his trips, especially the overseas ones.

This time he brought back the girls a silk purse and a silk Japanese shirt, a cat bank (I guess cats are huge over there) and lots of candy. Chris got a sword, knumbchucks and candy. The gifts he frequently seems to bring back Chris drives me nuts. He isn't the one who will be chasing Chris around all day telling him to not point his sword or use the knumbchucks on his sisters. I guess it is the thought that counts, right? As for me I got some Japanese cookies (don't worry Jamie these are nothing like the weird ones he got last time), a deck of cards, three awesome bracelets and a Sake set. Anyone want to come for a drink?


So my man is home... at least until tomorrow morning when he heads off to Arizona. But hey at least this time I will have lots of yummy treats to eat while he is gone.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is BEAUTIFUL! I love it! Neil brought me back some adorable ceramic pieces (vases) that I really cherish from Japan.. I wish he had the chance to go again. . . or maybe not. I am not sure I want him gone that long again. I don't know how you do it! Glad Matt is back . . . :) Know you are, too.

Jamie said...

That is so cool to get things from different countries. Can't wait to see the bracelets bet they are awesome!

Leesha said...

I love the Sake set. It is so cool. I can't wait to see the bracelets too!

WOW a sword and knumbchucks? Maybe Chris will let you by him a "cabinet" to display his treasures. LOL