Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Up, Up and Away

I was sitting at the kitchen table for lunch and looked out the window to see our $400 trampoline get ripped out of the ground (Matt had it staked down), fly through the air, rip one of our brand new trees out of the ground, fly over the neighbor's shed (which it at the bottom of our 3/4 acre lot) and land. I ran out as fast as I could –– braless, in a t-shirt, and no shoes (through the sand spurs) –– to grab the trampoline just as it started to blow towards one of the neighbor's brand new fence and house. Luckily people came to help try to keep it from blowing anywhere else. Who knows how damaged it is.

50 mph winds... what in the world is up with that. And DH is in France until Sunday so I have no clue what I am going to do with it until he gets home.

And I always thought March was in like a lion and our like a lamb... not April.

No comments: