Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sea Monkey Sex

Emily has been wanting Sea Monkey's forever. You know those little brine shrimp that hatch in the plastic container with water. (Come on. Admit it. You had a set.) Well me being the mean mom that I am never gave into this whim of Emily's. You see my daughter has wanted to be a veterinarian since she could walk and if I gave into every animal she has asked for we would be the Doolittle house. So instead her super awesome, super cool Uncle Scott gave her a set when we went back to Ohio last month.

My husband, who sadly never had his own sea monkey's, is quite often found staring at the sea monkey container, just watching them. So imagine my surprise when he and the kids mentioned how some of the sea monkey's were "hugging" each other. Or as Emily put it "Mom, I think these things are doing it."

So now I am ready to call the kids' super cool, super awesome Uncle Scott and tell him he can explain the "Birds and the Bees" to my children thanks to the super educational gift he gave them. In the meantime, more of these sea monkey's are hugging and pretty soon I think it will be time to throw a sea monkey baby shower.

9 comments:

Sketron said...

I am cracking up!!! That is histerical, thanks for the laugh.

So how do you feed these? do you have to clean the container? Tell me more as my kids too have been asking for some!!

Jennifer said...

That is tooo funny!

her said...

How funny Alexis....now you have given me an idea for my granddaughters...I can send them thru the mail as a gift!

Funny thing is, I thought they died after a few days...wow you got some active SM's!

Maybe I can get you to harvest some and send to my daughter.

Joy, Debi
Go Bucks, no matter what!

Terri said...

I was fascinated with sea monkeys myself when I was a kid. I think I went thru two sets when I was about 8 or 10. Seriously fascinated, but I honestly don't remember the "hugging" or "doing it" scenerios. Too funny!

Kimberly said...

LOL Oh no! I always thought those things looked like sperm anyway. :)

Jamie said...

OK laughing my ass off. I always remember seeing the advertisement in the back of teen magazine with the cartoon sea monkey. Oh how I wanted one. Thank goodness my parents never gave in nor now will I ever give in to the girls. Haha Way to go Uncle Scott.

Corie said...

I never had these as a kid!!
I'll have to remember they can be x-rated if we ever get them for Chloe! :)

Unknown said...

LOL that is too funny. Especially since my daughter has wanted to be a vet from birth and has begged me for sea monkey's too. I gave in! Yes i did!

Johanna said...

HILARIOUS!!! I love that story!