Thursday, October 02, 2008

Trying to Unbury Myself

I know I have been a horrible blogger lately. And I feel really bad that I am so far behind on reading my favorite blogging buddies. I am trying to play catch up from being gone in Japan for a week and all the stuff that suddenly has been thrown my way.

Add on top of my stack of to-do items, Matt booked his ticket today and if his Visa comes back as we have been told, he leaves in **gulp** 21 days. He is booked on a 6 am flight on October 22. I am trying really hard to not think about that right now. The whole reason we are choosing to go at separate times is to help make the transition easier on the kids, and to be honest, me as well. Right now the anticipated departure date for the kids and myself is either January 20 or 27, giving us basically 3 months apart. I actually feel sorry for Matt. At least I will be back here surrounded by friends and family, especially during the holidays, and he will be alone in Japan.

So what do I need to get done before I am back in full-time action in bloggy land?
  • Fill out and turn in expense reports to our relocation coordinator. This consists of scanning every receipt, documenting it on the proper expense sheet and then emailing it off. Right now I am anticipating this to take me about 2 - 3 hours.
  • Revise a 50+ page document for my Caterpillar client. Oh did I mention by end of day Friday?
  • Write at minimum six web site copy blurbs for a local client. Another 10-15 are due by the end of next week.
  • Email and call a contact list of 12 people for another Caterpillar document that I just started Monday.
  • Taking the whole family to get a dozen each passport photos made. No joke about the number we need either.
  • Make an appointment for the kids passport authorization session. We have to do this through the post office, which means we are limited to times and days. This HAS to be done in the next week.
  • Fill out the kids school application for Japan.
  • Send out emails about Matt's going away party.
  • Clean and organize my house for the Camp Family's visit! They will be here in FOUR days. I am ecstatic. Val has never been here and I cannot wait to show her everything. (Well and do some shopping)
  • Go to Sam's Club and purchase all the stock up items before Matt leaves and before our membership expires in 18 days.
  • Back up my laptop. I am having an issue with it and terrified that something is going to happen.
  • Locate and call a rental company to help with our house here in NC.
  • Get Matt's international drivers license.
  • Figure out what keylogger is. It seems to be the buzz word of the week to learn.
I think this is it for this week. I have a whole new list for next one. (No joke.)

I promise I will be back soon. Thanks for being so understanding!

5 comments:

Terri said...

dang girl - lots on your plate! i don't envy you and Matt's time apart. That will be rough. Will they allow him to come home for Christmas?

PaulickFam said...

First of all, you should not apologize for being away. I give you a TON of credit. It is not only hard moving, but doing it yourself - AMAZING! I am keeping you all in my prayers!

Corie said...

You mean you can't do all that and keep up on blogging too?
C'mon! :)

Kidding!!! If I were you, I think I would be MIA for the next 3 months.

Good luck with all your to-do's.
And, have a great time with Val!!!

Susan said...

Oct 22nd is my birthday!

If you haven't got the pictures done already, I have a tip for you. We took one picture of us in front of a white wall in our house. Randy shrank it down to a 2x2 and then put 6 of them together so it made a 4x6 picture. We went online to Walmart.com and ordered 2 pictures for him and two for me and we had our 12 pictures each of 2x2 pictures and it cost us less than $1.00. If you are confused as I was at first, let me know and I'll send you the picture and you can see how we did it.

Michelle said...

Wow girl! Good luck with everything!! Can't believe he is leaving so soon! You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!