Friday, November 30, 2007

My "friend" –– Revisited

Six weeks ago I posted about my little "friend". That disgusting wart is STILL there, even after several attempts of OTC freezing, Compound W and even duct tape. And not only is it still there but it has morphed into something larger and even more disgusting (not to mention even more painful).


So tomorrow morning I am biting the bullet and going to the doctor. I have a 10 am appointment with the podiatrist. And I am totally freaked out. From what I have read a doctor can freeze it, use acid or cut/scrape it out. At this point I am afraid the last option is all that will work. And that most likely involves needles. Needles, the little item that I pass out cold even looking at. I know it sounds crazy but I am having an anxiety attack even thinking of getting a shot. I would rather have a colon cleanse than needles. Seriously. My neighbor is going with me. She says for support and in case I can't drive home (it is on my right foot) but frankly I think she is afraid I will down a bottle of tequila and get a DUI even trying to make it there.

Matt says that the dr will probably make me come back for treatment, but to be honest if it doesn't get taken care of soon I am afraid my whole foot will fall off. That is how bad it hurts.

So think of me tomorrow. If you hear screaming don't worry. It is most likely me.

8 comments:

Jamie said...

Yuck yuck. I can't believe you still have that thing lingering around. Haha. I hope its all better by the time you get here!! We don't want that thing slowing us down for our power shopping on Monday......uh I mean for all your training on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Michelle said...

I have heard people swear by duct tape!! So sorry to hear that nothing is working for you. I completely understand the fear of needles! That is so me too! The thought of having the glucose screening test just about sent me over the edge last week, knowing I had to be stuck with a needle 4 times!! I will be thinking of you tomorrow!

Aimee said...

I've heard people say that those are SO painful! I feel so bad for you. Hopefully the doctor can completely take care of it in one visit - and hopefully he'll numb it! :) I'll be praying for you.

ErinFiat said...

:hug: BTDT, been years ago. If he doesn't have you come back for treatment, maybe he'd give you a valium (or other relaxer of choice) to calm you down for it. I almost passed out when they did mine because I made the mistake of looking at the needle they were using to numb. So, my unsolicited advice, take your iPod with you to help tune things out.

Corie said...

How did the appt go?!?

M. C. Pearson said...

Ew. That is just nasty! I had those planter's warts when I was younger. HATED 'em.

Just a friendly reminder for the FIRST post.

Kimberly said...

EW! Your feet are as bad as mine (only I lose toenails).

Anonymous said...

I'm a student studying at Jackson State University and actually like what you've accumulatеd гight heгe, certainly
likе ωhat you're expressing and the form through which you affirm it. Your piece was excellently balanced between amusing and intelligent. I am thrilled to swap theory and information with you. Your website is certainly one of the better blogs available right now.

Feel free to surf to my web-site :: otdr